Tuesday, November 10, 2009

18 months and Sick

Today we went for Lo's 18 month well check up with Dr. B. I have noticed her nose being runny and she has a slight cough, just a normal cold, I thought because every kid at daycare has the snot! WRONG! Dr. B looked at her throat and said "That's a lot of puss in there!" and I said "Awesome!". So then when he listened to her chest he heard some wheezing. So he decided to do a strep test and a breathing treatment. C. came in a did the strep test and Lo started screaming and I was supposed to give her a breathing treatment. I am not sure how much of the treatment she got because she was NOT about it at all! Apparently we are having an adversion to doctors offices now. She cried everytime someone came in the room! So after the treatment was done Dr B came in and listened to her again. He said she sounded better but we needed to continue with the treatments over night and get a chest x-ray. The strep test came back negative (it always does). So now I have John meet me at Urgent Care for her chest x-ray. That was fun! They put her in this little device that kept her in 1 spot but it sort of looked like a torture device! All she kept screaming was "Maaamaaa, Maaamaaa!" with snot coming out of her nose. So at 7pm we give her her next treatment, hope she sleeps tonight and go back to the dr at 10:15am. I will post an update tomorrow with what is going on! She has had no fever so I totally didn't think anything of it. Am I a horrible mom? At least its not the flu! And hopefully it won't be pneumonia! The life of a mom, it never stops! :O)

No comments: