Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things I've learned being a Stay at Home Mom

As you all know, I've been staying at home with Lo while she is recovering from her surgery. Its been a fun 5 weeks but I've learned several things:
  1. Staying at home with your child(ren) is THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD!
  2. Cartoons are the enemy.
  3. My house is not always going to be clean.
  4. Lorelei is a handful.
  5. I'm addicted to Facebook, Give Away Today, and the many blogs that I read.
  6. It's very hard to get ANYTHING done when chasing after an 18 month old.
  7. I thank God for my husband everyday.
  8. Lorelei changes and does something new everyday.
  9. I never thought I would love it this much.
  10. I can cook and I have thought of several new recipes!
Lorelei is now talking more and more. Some words in her vocabulary are: No, Momma, Daddy, Ball, Oh Toodles (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), one two three, and jump. She climbs on EVERYTHING and loves her doggie, Lola. She dances to any kind of music that comes on whether its on TV or the radio. She cracks me up all the time. Her new thing is to pull me off of the couch and make me get on the floor. She likes to brush hair and read books. I have loved every minute that I have been able to spend with her. I used to think that I would go crazy staying at home with her all by myself but I've had fun (maybe its because I know I have to go back to work). I give all my friends who are SAHM all the credit in the world for what they do! I will post some newer pics soon. Lorelei hasn't been sleeping well, day or night, so I haven't been able to do much of anything.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you've enjoyed staying home. I LOVE it!! It's rough sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's hard to get over the reality of not always having a clean house. I just knew that my house would always look great, all laundry would be done, and dinner would be on the table every night...and not something I made out of a box.

BOY WAS I WRONG! LOL!!

Instead, I hang out with my little man, find something for dinner last minute before Justin gets home, and throw laundry in the washer when we have nothing else to wear. Somehow, the day flies by! :)

Before you're a 'working out of the house mom' again we have to get together! We'll have a SAHM lunch! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am reading about Jack!! He pulls me off the couch onto the floor too and wants me to read and play trucks with him....vroooommm!!!! I can't wait until we can get these two together again!! Miss all you guys!!

Love,
Aunt Jeannette

RHONDA said...

I am a part time stay at home mom and I know what you are talking about it..but I am glad you have got to be with her and enjoy her every little move. She is such a sweetie...But you know my house is spotless, my laundry is never piled up, we always have homecooked meals...YEAH RIGHT!!!

Rhonda ~