Sunday, September 19, 2010

Emotions

Yesterday, Lorelei found some stickers in the shape of hearts and wanted one to stick on herself. A little bit later she came to me with the sticker that was folded over and said "My heart's broken." I cannot explain the emotion I felt when she said that, a bit of sadness and awe I guess. She has no idea about her heart and here she is telling me that it is broken! She and her condition are the reasons I do what I do everyday and why my friend Shannon and I started Hope for BraveHEARTS. There has been a stride in the CHD movement.

" At 2:40 eastern time today, the national committee on newborn screening voted to YES to recommend pulse oximetry screening for critical congenital heart disease be added to the newborn screening uniform panel."

This was taken from a facebook post of one of my CHD Mama friends who copied it from blog4chd.com. This is exciting to us because if every newborn had the pulse ox test before they go home, many CHDs will be found and lives could be saved!

Lorelei started throwing up Friday morning at 2:30am but is now feeling better, thank goodness. There is nothing like doing laundry and giving a kid a bath at 3am. I am a Mom and that's what I do! Thank goodness its not all the time.

No comments: