Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thursday and Friday to and in NY

Jack and Lo with their chocolate, vanilla twist with rainbow sprinkles!
Watching the birdies at Aunt Jeannette's house.
Yum, ice cream!
Let's see if we can push this big rock!
Climbing!

Thursday morning we left at 3:30am for NY. John turned on the DVD player in the car for Lo and you would have thought Daddy was her hero the way she went on and on about it in the car. (We don't use it in the car that much.) I also got a speeding ticket in Virginia, but we finally got there around 5. The whole 14 hour trip I listened to Mickey Mouse, Dora, Diego and then some. Lo also sang ABC's and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star ALOT! When we got to John's parents house we had PIZZA, I MISS NY pizza. It was soooooo good! Then we met up with my sister, Jack and Lexi to go get some ice cream from the same place that we went to get ice cream in the summer when we were little. It was so much fun!


I don't have any pics of Friday but Lo, Grammy and I went shopping then went to visit Grandpa and then we went out to eat with some good friends. Beth and Jill are identical twins that I have know since they were born. We were born 6 days apart and my dad brought their mom to the hospital when they were born. We grew up together and it was nice to get together and talk. We were hoping our other friend Julie would meet us but she wasn't able to come. We were able to go see her after dinner. Her son passed away 2 months ago and it was nice to be there for her since I couldn't when he passed.
It is so nice knowing that your friends are there whenever you need them. We know we will always be friends and I love that you can not really talk for a while and then when you get together its like no time passed whatsoever!
I think we even decided that the year we all turn 40 we are going to do it up! We have 7 years to plan it so it should be good!

No comments: