Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lorelei

Since I've been home most of last week with the stomach flu and I didn't have anything to do but sleep and think, I realized that I haven't REALLY updated you on Lorelei. So here goes...

She has more energy then I can keep up with sometimes! She wakes up happy and usually goes to sleep happy. She still wakes up during the night on most nights but she is my baby and since I've never had a 'normal' baby this is what we are going with. She still drinks out of a bottle and I know that I have to break her of it but it's her comfort and with all she's been through its rough!

She is getting very tall and talkative. She talks up a storm and most of it you still can't understand but she does say things like "Oh, No!", YEAH!, counts to 3, Lola (our dog), Whee!, Whoa!, nose, shoe, juice, ball, Hi, Bye, Oh Toodles (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, C'mon, and of course, NO!
She can tell you what a cow, duck, lion, dog, cat and pig say, if you ask her. She will repeat every now and again so she will say purple and we are working on saying Grandpa, Grandma and Memaw.

She LOVES fruit and veggies and doesn't really care for meat all that much. She aso LOVES fruit snacks. She can also blow her nose. (Thank you daycare!) I can't believe how much they change from 1 year to the next! Next up: trying to potty train and changing her crib into the toddler bed.

We are due to go to get the second part of her H1N1 vaccine sometime soon, the pediatrics office has been out of it so we have to wait until they get it in. We will be going to see Dr. Shuler in February when we will probably have to have an ECHO since we haven't had one done since October! That should be interesting. I will definitely let you know how that goes!

John and I are looking forward to February! We are in charge of fundraising this year for Palmetto Hearts and we have some great ideas! We are also going to attend the first ever CHD conference in Columbia! It is going to be very interesting since we are really just beginning our journey in the CHD world. Also, Shannon and I are going out on our own with the BraveHEART Baskets. We are going to get all the paperwork going and become a Non-profit! This is really exciting for us! AND finally on Feb 6 we are having a fundraising breakfast for CHD Research at Fatz Cafe in Irmo, SC (I have posted earlier about this so scroll down to read about it!)

Things are looking great going into 2010! We are thankful, blessed and humbled to be where we are and can't wait to see what's in store for us this year!

2 comments:

RHONDA said...

Lorelei is precious and I agree about the bottle thing...let her keep it...she has had a rough road and if she is comforted with it, then it want hurt a little while longer. Enjoy your posts and updates..I wanted to repost your CHD brkfst but can't make it work.??? Tell me how..
Hugs from The Lyle House ,
Rhonda ~

annamarie saarinen said...

She is darling! Our daughter was born Dec 2008...also diagnosed at 2 days (just before discharge, so we were lucky!) She had 2 surgeries in April and is doing great. Hope to keep in touch! Annamarie,
http://1in100.org/ and Facebook 1in100