Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pediatric Cardiologist Visit

Today Aunt Jan and I took Lorelei to see Dr. Shuler. Lo was great with everything including the ECHO. Dr. Shuler said that the pressures through her valve were the same as the last visit and her heart muscle was not thickening. He still thinks that the valve will require surgery at some point but the longer we can wait, the better. He is sending a report to Dr. Bradley (he did her surgery at MUSC) and we are going to continue to see Dr. Shuler every 3 months for the next year and if things still stay the same then we can start going longer without seeing him. Yay!

On another note, John, Lorelei and I have all had the crud. John has had it the worst. He had a severe sinus infection and bronchitis. I think mine may be my allergies and Lorelei had a virus!

Lorelei is still 'cruising' and loves to play with Lola (our dog). She definitely has my personality and John says he's in for it! She knows what she wants and if she doesn't get her way look out! I will try to post some pics soon!

2 comments:

RHONDA said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD REPORT!! I KNOW THAT REPORT TOO WELL ABOUT THE VALVE ..WE HEAR THAT EVERY TIME..BUT WE JUST WAIT ON GOD AND HIS REPORT! SHE IS GETTING SO BIG AND EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL EVERY TIME I SEE HER...GOD BLESS...TALK TO YOU SOON!!
RHONDA LYLE (ZEB'S MOM)

Evie's Story said...

Hey Jess,
Are you planning to go to the heart walk on Saturday. Think our gang is going to try to make it. Praying for a better forecast though!!!