- There is still a narrowing below her aortic valve, Dr. Shuler is not sure whether its the tissue growing back or its part of her VSD patch. If it is part of the patch then it should grow with her.
- Her pressures are in the lower 40s as opposed to the last time it being in the mid 30s but he doesn't seem worried about that.
- The reason that the tissue might grow back is because when they are as little as she was for her second surgery they can't be as aggressive as they would be if she was bigger.
- Her valve seems to be growing.
- IF she would need another surgery down the line she probably wouldn't need valve replacement, just to 'carve' the tissue out again.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
We got a "See you in 6 months!" This is so exciting for us, the first time in almost 2 years that Dr. Shuler has said this to us! Lorelei did excellent during the ECHO, didn't fuss at all. (Thank you bottle.) So here are the points that came out of the appointment: