Saturday, November 14, 2009

Don't Laugh but...

I am done Christmas shopping. Of course, since there are several weeks left before Christmas, I am sure that I will find more things to buy people but for right now, I'm done! Now I just have to wrap the packages and send them on there merry way! This weekend is going to be a quiet one for us as Lo recovers from her walking pneumonia. John doesn't have to work this weekend so we will be watching football (Go Gamecocks! Go Irish!), eating pizza, laundry and cleaning! I am looking forward to next weekend though. John and I are making a Thanksgiving dinner just for us and Lorelei. It's something we do every year and we just make sure that we give thanks to each other before or after Thanksgiving when we are with other family. I am going to attempt to bake my first apple pie. I will take pictures! Don't worry. Then we will have the real Thanksgiving with my mom and family at my mom's house. Then it will be time to put up the Christmas tree!
Christmas is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year. I love the meaning of it all, the smells, the sweets and goodies and the family! We are hoping to be in NY next year for Christmas because by then Lo will REALLY understand what's going on and I think it would be fun for her to have Christmas with her cousin Jack! Hoping that everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: