Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cardiology Day

Today Lorelei and I went to see Dr. Shuler, her cardiologist. Her pulses and pressures were great! The ECHO was fun because she did NOT want to cooperate. Dr Shuler said that everything looked good except that the pressure going through her aortic valve was higher then the last time we went. Which means that her aortic valve isn't growing very well. Usually when this happens the heart works harder to get the blood places and the heart muscle gets thicker however her heart muscle is perfectly normal! Dr Shuler wasn't too concerned and we are going back in 3 months for another check on it. There will be a possibility of another surgery or 2 if her valve does not grow but for now we aren't concerned with that.
Please send up your prayers for her valve to start growing. I am going to have a chat with the valve, I know it won't listen to me but I can hope.
Hope everyone is having a good week.....this weekend I will be able to finish up shopping and hopefully get my Christmas cards out.

1 comment:

Evie's Story said...

bless your heart Jess...and Lorelei's! We certainly know how to pray for her wee heart and valve to grow! Know this weighs heavily on you and that it is hard not to worry. Please keep us updated. What a precious new picture on the blog! Big girl!